Tuesday 4 March 2014

My First Assembly at Harris Academy!

Earlier today, i was given the honour of speaking to the year 12 students at Harris Academy, Crystal Palace. One of the students wants to raise money for Crohn's and Colitis UK and asked me to speak to the students about what life is like with colitis.

It was really lovely, i've gotta say. I really enjoyed getting to do a bit of public speaking again, but mostly i enjoyed educating people about IBD. I spoke from the heart and and talked mostly about:
  • life before colitis
  • what colitis changed in my life
  • the medications
  • surgery
  • what the future has in store
The students were incredibly respectful and listened to every word. Some stayed behind at the end to chat with me and some even appeared to tear up during my talk. It was refreshing to see people want to do something about Colitis and take such an interest in my story.

I thoroughly look forward to going back tomorrow to speak with the year 13s! :)

1 comment:

  1. Michael you are awesome :) you are doing a fantastic job at raising awareness, there is no stopping this IBD community :) Hope tomorrow goes just as well for you Xx

    ReplyDelete