Tuesday 11 March 2014

My New Project: Colitis Awareness GO

So, i am not happy with the lack of awareness that there is for Colitis (and Crohn's), so i want to do something about it.

My plan is to travel around schools, like i have already done with Harris Academy and am soon to do at Royal Russell, speaking to sixth formers about my story and what Ulcerative Colitis really is. I will then speak about the Crohn's and Colitis UK charity and how important donations can be to help find a cure. To entice people to donate, and to aid in raising awareness, i am going to create and purchase customised wristbands which will say "raise awareness" on one side and "ulcerative colitis" on the inside and sell them at my talks-not for profit, but all of the money that i make from them will be donated to the charity crohn's and colitis uk. I also hope that when people see others wearing the wrist bands, they will ask "hey whats that?" and then awareness will increase simply through word of mouth.

If anyone reading this thinks that they're school would welcome me in to talk to the students, please contact me through the blog or my email wyatt2401@icloud.com

I really want to start making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment