Monday 24 February 2014

100 Days After Surgery.

100 days later, I feel like i am starting to live a regular life again.

Today, i got back into perfecting at school. I took a perspective teacher round on a tour of the school. Doesn't sound like much, but i used to do that weekly and i hadn't done one for months before today. It felt good to be entrusted with responsibilities again.

I also had a job interview. It was so nice being able to relax during the interview without the anxiety of whether or not i'd need to run off to the toilet mid-conversation. I think it went well, but im just happy that im being productive and trying to get back out there.

I want to try and start playing football and hockey again too; i miss sport SO much now. It will be hard at first, but i want to try.

I never pictured being this far into my recovery stage by late February. I am so proud of where i am and it is heavily due to the support i have received. The support makes me want to get better and push myself to recover. I know i say this a lot, but thank you again.

I'm now going to celebrate by treating myself to a nice bath!


No comments:

Post a Comment