Saturday 11 January 2014

I have reached a crossroad in my recovery journey

As already mentioned, i have been suffering with rectal bleeding for the last two weeks. I have been using suppositories and enemas to fix it even though I've used them in the past so know they won't work. HOWEVER, i have stopped using anything for the last few days and the bleeding has stopped. I have always been the type that when you stick something in my rectum, it irritates my inflammation and makes the bleeding worse. So, the medication is 'supposed' to fix it', but all it does it make me bleed more on the days that i use it. And every time i bleed i have the most extricating pain.

I am at a crossroad. Road A involves taking the medication like the doctor ordered and suffer bleeding every day and horrendous pain and wait to see if it works.
Or Road B, don't take the medication, dont bleed, dont suffer pain and wait and see if the inflammation disappears.

When written down, it seems pretty obvious which road to go for, even if it may not be 'medically advised'.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong Michael! I know you can get through this. Your blog is really inspirational and I always read it and feel so proud of you.

    Love,
    Someone you used to know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd appreciate this even more if you told me who you are kind mystery person?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another anon who's in the same position...I commented on your last entry but I haven't spoken to you in years, it's weird isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its not weird!! just tell me who you are it would mean the world to know you're reading all of this

    ReplyDelete