Thursday 23 January 2014

My last post as a 17 year old: a thank you.

Being 17 has presented me with an awfully large amount of challenges. It has, without a doubt, been the most eventful age i will ever live! There have been a horrid number of hard times, but, to be honest, the good times stick in my head far more than the bad. This year has taught me how to overcome difficulties, how to live in the moment and how to appreciate the little things!

When i was in hospital, all i could think about was certain drinks or activities, like nice warm baths or  freshly squeezed orange juice. Now, every good moment i have, i savour. Every moment that im not lying in a hospital bed or watching blood fall out of my backside, i thank God for. Yes, parts of being 17 have been shitty. But i am now entering manhood a much stronger and more resilient person because of all of those shitty parts. On reflection, they were all worth it.

I can't express how grateful i am for everyone who has helped me through this difficult age. From my parents, to friends, to Zara, to family friends and even my mothers work colleagues! Please don't think that any email or not you write to me goes unappreciated. Every one means the world to me so i would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for any small thing you have done to help this year.

18 isn't going to be easy either, i know that. Im not graduating and im probably gonna end up in hospital for more operations. But, this time, im going into these challenges with a better mindset and the beautiful thought of knowing that i have an army of support with me every step of the way.

For my final time as a child, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment