Tuesday 21 January 2014

January 21st-Stoma Nurse Appointment

If you read my previous stoma nurse post from two weeks ago, it was bursting with good news! I was told that my bleeding rectum wouldn't be an issue and all is well blablabla.

Today's appointment, however, was not so positive. All of a sudden, my nurse is concerned about what is coming out of my fistula ( a lot of bloody mucus) and is trying to arrange me chatting with my surgeon urgently. As i was told months ago, it does appear that a diseased rectum (probably) would prohibit me from having the operation i want to have.

Also, it turns of the great warwick post i made the other day, my nurse also reckons that i won't be ready for uni in september so even if warwick offer me an unconditional, i most likely wouldn't be able to accept it.

Wasn't a great appointment all in all. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. No need to apologies Mr.Wyatt, the course of Colitis is never smooth. We often think things are going well just before a curve ball comes our way. Your health should be first priority, stop being so hard on yourself. I have every faith that you will get to uni, it may take a little longer than you want but you will get there! Cut yourself some slack, put your feet up and take things easy. I know you are the type of person to want to change the world, but one small step at a time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Victoria just said. IBD is more a marathon than a sprint so pace yourself accordingly. You can still change the world but for the sake of your health, try not to do it all in one day :-)

    ReplyDelete