Thursday 16 January 2014

The last 2 months..

2 months ago today, at roughly 9:30am, i was wheeled into theatre at St. Helier hospital to have my total colectomy. I awoke 8 hours later in HDU with one less large colon than i had earlier on in the day.

I cannot believe that that was only 2 months ago. It feels like a year ago i genuinely can't accept it being only 2 months ago. So much has happened it all seems like a blur. 2 months ago?! I was lying in HDU with my parents chatting to me, high off my ass on morphine.

Now, 2 months later, im sitting at my desk, cutting and preparing my two bags for changing night. I never thought i would be doing everything by myself so soon after it all. I probably wouldn't be able to if it wasn't for Zara pushing me to be more independent. My parents were incredibly helpful and did everything for me, but im nearly an 18 year old man. I needed to learn how to shower myself and do my own shit (literally). And now i do.

Thank you to everyone, friends and family, who have helped me get this far. If it weren't for you all, i would probably still be in hospital. Thank you.



2 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome! From your first few posts thinking you couldn't handle it, you are now flying ahead of even your own expectations :) Well done you! And props to the wonderfully supportive girlfriend woohoo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks hun. gotta give props to my blogger family too <3

    ReplyDelete