Wednesday 4 December 2013

My oxford experience short lived

So, i applied to university like any other upper sixth student. I applied to oxford, Edinburgh, durham, st. andrews and warwick.

A few days ago oxford invited me up for an interview-i was over the moon! However, i had to email my college to let them know about my surgery etc and how because of all the school i've missed, i would now be applying for deferred entry for a 2015 start.

They replied to my email saying that they feel it would be better if just withdrew my application and re-applied next year. Their reasoning behind this is that i would probably under perform in interview and not give myself a fair chance.

This is true-i would have under performed. But this oxford thing was the one positive thing in my life at the moment-well, the one thing i had to work towards. And now its gone. I just can't catch a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment