Wednesday 4 December 2013

The physical side of things

As already explained, i have two bags attached to me. The main bag is the ileostomy-the one linked to my small intestine where the waste comes out. As horrible as it sounds, its working very well and once i got used to the smell, it actually isn't that bag. I change the bag every 2 days and empty it around 8 hours a day.

Night time is tricky because obviously the ileostomy continues to function whilst im asleep, so i need to get up a few times at night to empty it. This makes me quite tired so i sleep a lot during the day. I also sleep a lot as im still recovering from the operation itself.

My scar is healing very well and to be honest, im recovering much quicker than expected. The reason behind this is because im young and 'healthy'. Although it sucks having such a major operation and change at only 17, it does mean my body heals much quicker than most and im able to be up and about only 2 weeks after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment