Saturday 28 December 2013

Problem.

So, here's the thing.

My colitis spread to my rectum as well as my large colon; which is unusual. If my rectum doesn't heal up, the surgeons will remove it and i'll live with the bag for life.

I have been put on a course of suppositories, which did not work in the past, to try and heal the inflammation left in my rectum.

As my rectum is not connected to anything, i dont go to the toilet like most people. However, every now and again i get the urge to sit on the toilet to let some residue of the suppositories come out. Recently, a clear/brown liquid has been coming out. This was a good sign.

However, today, the blood officially started again. This could be very bad news. If it persists, i'll have to tell my doctor and it won't look good. I really thought these damn suppositories were working, but if i continue to bleed, it'll be bye bye rectum, hello bag for life.

1 comment:

  1. Look up Sara Ringer. She has videos on youtube n is a great advocate for those finding it hard to cope. I have gained a much brighter outlook after listening to her great advice. This is also the link to her blog http://www.inflamed-and-untamed.com/ Maybe you will find a different outlook on things.

    ReplyDelete